Saturday, July 2, 2011

Super Tired to Super Balanced

Today's Blog comes from one of our current students JANE EUELL!

Doug Nelson’s Catch Fire; How to Ignite Your Own Economy book was priceless! Not only was it was easy to read, but full of practical, useful advice. It made me wonder why we aren’t taught these concepts early in life; it sure would eliminate a lot of unnecessary suffering!!!!

While still reading the book, I signed up for Catch Fire University’s Associates class. I didn’t want to waste any more time. My experience was transformational, changing the way I think. I now get more out of my life because I put more into it. I truly see now how “Nothing ventured, nothing gained.” It’s not just a quote anymore!

I couldn’t imagine passing up the opportunity to learn more through the Bachelors and Masters programs. I learned how I can achieve amazing results when I put my mind to something. And, even more dynamic results are achieved with the synergistic power of a team. In life, I leaned we need to choose our “team” wisely.

One of the most valuable lessons among many that I learned was utilizing my resources! Before Catch Fire University, I would always agree to do everything for everyone and spread myself too thin. This ultimately meant not leaving any time for my own goals. The pressure I put on myself to be Superwoman created a lot of unnecessary struggle in my life! I have since learned to schedule the important as well as the urgent. To think before automatically saying “yes” and that I can call on the abundant resources which are always at my fingertips to help me overcome challenges. It took the CFU experience to point this out and show me a way to break that pattern.

Even Superwoman needs assistance from time to time. What a relief to experience more balance in my life! Now I am using this, as well as many other valuable CFU lessons, to design the life I was born to live.

Thanks Doug, Melanie and the Catch Fire University!

No comments:

Post a Comment