Sunday, July 10, 2011

Experiencing A Rich Life!

This weeks Blog was written by one of our current Students: Kylee Ferguson Haining

Why do we want to be financially free? Good Question!

One of the most important questions that Catch Fire University asked me to think about and define for myself was NOT just WHY but “What do I really want to experience from Financial Freedom?”

I have had a set of updated written goals since I was eighteen years old. On that list are all the places I wanted to travel, and things I wanted to have. Many of them achieved many yet to come… I have traveled to many places, but it wasn’t until recently that I figured out WHY I wanted to travel... I became clear as to what I was really looking for in the experience.

You see I like to be present and enjoy the beauty of the world and have fun with my family. The Catch Fire University allowed me to get clear on this and many more things on my goal statement.

This last November we were in Disneyland. One day on the Park's grounds, in the early afternoon, I watched several parents yell at their children... at what is supposed to be the happiest place on earth. My guess is they weren’t clear in their mind about why they were there and what they were wanting to experience.

Financial Freedom like Disneyland it is a destination but if you haven’t figured out what you want to experience you can miss it or get there and still find yourself unhappy.

Now that I know that it is the “experience” I am seeking, opportunities present themselves all the time for me to feel FREE. I can walk around the park with my husband on Sunday afternoon. Sit and enjoy the wind in the trees in our back yard. Double park my car on Canada Day and watch the fireworks with my daughter.

This clarity has allowed me to catch myself and get back to enjoying life in the present moment instead of playing “the someday game” with myself. So even on my journey to Financial Freedom I can still experience a more rich and fulfilling life!

Thanks Catch Fire University!

No comments:

Post a Comment