Saturday, July 2, 2011

FEAR of Sucess...really? Why?

Today's Blog comes from one of our current Students, Helen McCormick

Have you ever sat and watched children play on a playground? If you haven’t, next time you have the opportunity, take it! There is so much for us adults to learn from those small tikes.

As I sat in observation the other day at the park, there were children laughing and playing and for the most part the moms and dads were watching. But some were playing on the swings and slide. That would be me.

There were a few exceptions. One parent yelling at a child “DON’T DO. THAT YOUR ARE GOING TO FALL” “ DON’T TOUCH THE DOG IT WILL BITE. “ DON’T DON’T, DON’T…” Then that child falls off the slide, he cries, he is hurt and says “I am NEVER going on that slide again.” All of this is now stores in the child’s mind and a new FEAR sets in.

FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real.

Speaking from my own experience, I think most people have FEAR of something. What I found to be true is it that FEAR is the anticipation of pain from past experience, or rejection. And FEAR can stop us if we let it.
FEAR showed up in many forms for me, from emotional stress to sickness, insecurities, and being shy just to name a few.

Sounds sort of weird doesn’t it… getting sick because of FEAR!? Well for me it was a way to stay SAFE and not take the action. But the real question was safe from what?

Through Catch Fire University I GOT IT! Through this INCREDIBLE program I’ve had a number of BREAKTHROUGHS and a new amazing awareness. I am making changes in my life. And through the support of Catch Fire’s Master Coach Brad Freeman we uncover my FEAR! The fear of Success!

The NEXT question posed to me by Brad is “What is attached to success?”

At the moment I do not have a clue… but by implementing the faculty, team and tools provided through Catch Fire University Pandora’s Box was opened yesterday. WHOOHOO! Oh my gosh! Thank you CFU!

You see previous to my current, wonderful husband I had been married before. My ex was not the supportive type. When we married I was timid, shy and an insecure individual. As I grew and he did not, I became very successful in Corporate America. I earned double his income. This was not acceptable to him and we grew further and further apart, until it was decided a divorce. Through the Divorce I lost what I thought was my life, my identity. Subconsciously, a lot of pain and suffering was attached to my ‘successes; which subconsciously I saw as the root cause to my divorce. I didn’t want another divorce so I have been sabotaging my current efforts for success and financial freedom, what a realization!

I am so blessed to have Melanie, Doug, Brad and Catch Fire University. I can let go and move forward. I would like to share the affirmation I put on my bathroom mirror a few weeks ago.
‘I move beyond old limitations and NOW allow myself to express freely and creatively”
Now the physically healing can and will begin.

Thank you Catch Fire, Doug, Melanie and Brad!

No comments:

Post a Comment