Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Procrastination Station!

Our NEWEST Blog comes from one Ed Samulski of Michigan

If you looked up the word “Procrastination” in the dictionary you would see my smiling face.

Yes, I have procrastinated all of my life. I would play small and stay inside my comfort zone, all of my life. I would brake out once in a while but then just before the great gain was in hand, something would “come up” and I would end up quitting. I thought it was fine, I was good where I ended up and I would tell myself ‘it wasn’t meant to be’. So this is how it went all of my life...truth is, I was comfortably miserable.

It’s not like I have never achieved anything at all, among many things I am a successful engineer, but deep down I knew I had fallen short of my FULL potential…and that is an empty feeling.

I started taking personal growth classes about 8 years ago with my girlfriend at the time; who is now my lovely wife. I only started taking the courses because she was, I had no drive to change, I was just supporting her as a good friend and partner. I did learn and take nugget from each course, but would fall back into my comfort zone of just getting by.

Then I bought the book “Catch Fire; How to Ignite your own Economy”. I thought this was a great book. It even had a free on-line program for me to take. Of course I procrastinated to sign up for the first class that was offered...but when I stepped forward and registered; WOW my comfort zone stretched and has not been the same size ever since. I signed up for the Bachelors and am currently in the Masters Program of The Catch Fire University.

I have realized that procrastination is another word and manifestation in my life for fear. Fear of success, fear of failure, fear of moving forward. I suppose I always new that but could not or would not admit it to myself.

Now with the help of CFU faculty, class & mentoring I now choose to move past that little voice of fear in my head urging me to quit or procrastinate! I am now choosing to BE the leader I was born to be, spreading my wings and my comfort zone along the way… because change is in the air!

Thanks to Doug, Melanie, Brad and the rest of the faculty at CFU!
Ed Samulski, Macomb, Mi

No comments:

Post a Comment